3 UX Workshops – 3 Days!
I had the opportunity to do 3 Workshops to my UX Team, here in Globoforce.
This idea have born from the result of a lack of have one method in order to work all together collaboratively.
Motivation to create this workshop
We have a team of 6 interaction designers and we all come from completely different backgrounds (with different interests and skills). This reality was affecting the way we used to work whenever we hd to kick off a project. In an effort to explore new ways to improve our UX processes in our organization I facilitated a series of workshops on established UX methods that we currently don’t use as part of our process.
presentation in PDF
The User Centered Design series
3 main topics, split in 3 days, 1 hour and a half each.
I had the pleasure to facilitate these 3 workshops with 13 practical exercises and 6 participants.
1st Session: Planning.
Why – I proposed a problem and from this start point we run all the workshops. What – How can I solve this problem? Assumptions. Methods I would pick in order to validate my assumptions. For Whom – Target Audience. Segments. Who is going to use this? Time – Do we have a time goal? Can we achieve in this time?
2nd Session: User Research
Full assumptions, picking methods, gathering data.
How – For the purpose of this exercise talked about three methods: 1. Usability Testing (video about redemption process usability testing run in December, 2014)
2. Heuristic Test (Application to run Heuristic testing by Nuria Pena Pio and PDF file of an Heuristic test run by the UX Team in December 2014).
3. User Interviews (User Journeys examples, how to prepare questions based on assumptions, conducting interviews and finding patterns in groups)
4. Group were creating from assumptions, possible questions ending up in a user journey template in order to use in the user research.
3rd Session: Analysis
From the User Experience map to Task analysis and User flows.
For the purpose of this workshop, we took a user experience mapping we create in September, 2014.
1. We pretended we had done the storyboards/ journeys and we had compared with Personas.
2. They created new storyboards based on User Journeys brought from myself.
3. The group had discussions about main pain points from the 4 storyboards.
4. Task Analysis about what how we divide and prioritize pain points. Make a decision about what were going to build and what was not being included.
5. From 2 pain points, the group were divided in 2 groups in order to brainstorm how to solve this pain point with ideas (concepts).
6. Task flows and User flows.